I've been a Professional MMA Fighter since 2008. I train at Joe Stevenson's Cobra Kai in Victorville, Ca. I also train and teach for Team Diamond in Upland, Ca.


Thursday, January 7, 2010

A Fighter's Wife

Hi!! I'm Elizabeth...Tony's wife!! I've convinced my husband to start a blog about fighting. I will be contributing to his blog to give insight on what it's like as a wife to live this lifestyle. It's definitely a different lifestyle. There are days when I need to complain and vent about his choices as a cage fighter. For the most part, I'm pretty supportive and I like to talk about how proud of him I am for being so committed into this sport. Tony has heart in this sport and he always puts 100% of himself into it. He doesn't just talk to brag and make up stories to make himself look good just so that he can say he's "a professional fighter". He's not afraid to admit that there are bad days. Everyone has a bad day. It can happen while you train or it can happen during a real cage match. Tony LOVES the sport, he always has...but, I'll leave it up to him to tell you about himself.

Every fighter has there secrets and ways to prepare for a fight. Some things may be talked about...some things might not be talked about. This is a blog about learning, training, and a fighter's personal life as a cage fighter.

We're not experts in the field. It just gives insight to people about our life in this sport. Who knows? Maybe some of you will relate to us...maybe you just like the sport and are interested in getting to know this lifestyle. Heck, some people may actually learn stuff off of here!! Tony's a teacher, even if he doesn't really know something, he'll find a way to learn it and he'll be happy to help you out. ESPECIALLY when it comes to cage fighting.

I hope this year brings good fortune to Tony and our family. Last year was a tough year for our family. Especially for Tony. We learned tons about this sport. We learned who our "real" friends are. We learned who we can trust in this sport and we learned how to approach life differently in this sport. ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment